1. “C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but when you do it blows your whole leg off”, Bjarne Stroustrup’s FAQ: Did you really say that?
2. “There are only two kinds of languages: the ones people complain about and the ones nobody uses”, Bjarne Stroustrup’s FAQ: Did you really say that?
3. “Anybody who comes to you and says he has a perfect language is either naïve or a salesman”, Bjarne Stroustrup’s FAQ: Did you really say that?
4. “When you are not practicing, someone else is getting better” , Allen Iverson.
5. “Dear friend, all theory is gray, and green the golden tree of life”, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
6. “It will be another million years, at least, before we understand the primes”, Paul Erdos, who, at the age of 18, proved that there is always a prime between every number greater than 1 and its double.
7. “To be sad is to be human”, Anonymous.
8. “One picture is worth more than ten thousand words”, Anonymous.
9. “Education is what, when and why to do things, Training is how to do it”, Richard R. Hamming
10. “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”, Leonardo De Vinci.
11. “Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration”, Thomas Edison, Harper’s Monthly (September 1932).
To be continued.